Head of Engineering - London - Rebuilding platform
Opportunity for a Head of Engineering to join a world-leading company in central London on a permanent basis.
Technology is core to what they do (online platform which is used by mayor companies worldwide).
The Head of Engineering will be joining at the early stages of a multi-year, multi-million investment that will deliver the next generation of their online platform and analysis tools.
The team are changing how they operate as a technology team to ensure they are rapidly and iteratively delivering products that customers love and require an Engineering lead who has experience with and understands rapid, iterative, focused delivery.
The Head of Engineering will own the engineering function, reporting to the CTO, and deliver in 2 key areas: ongoing small changes to the existing platform and (more importantly) delivering the next iteration of the platform.
Alongside the new Head of Data and the existing Head of Infrastructure & Operations the Head of Engineering will define the new operating model to ensure the Technology team is set up for success in the coming years. This will include discussions about how Product should work with the engineering team, how they build in security and quality processes and how they should build and grow a team of self-sufficient, full-stack engineers that can take a problem, solve it, and deliver the solution into production.
The team are operating in "startup" mode at present; a key responsibility will be to plan and manage the transition from "startup" mode to a more mature engineering model, again working closely with the Technology management team to ensure rapid delivery whilst building in security, architecture, and QA processes as appropriate.
- Demonstrable experience as an engineering leader in a commercial business, leading, structuring, and developing a high-performing team
- Demonstrable experience of architectural ownership and decision-making
- Demonstrable team leadership skills and a strong ability to recruit
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Start-up experience/ experience moving at a fast pace
- Experience in rapid delivery culture
- Deep technical experience covering cloud platforms, distributed data management, highly scalable application development and infrastructure management, with the ability to identify and deep-dive with teams as required
- A pragmatic, motivated, "getting things done" approach to delivery
Salary up to £130k+ benefits.
Interviews to be arranged ASAP, get in touch for discussion around tech stack etc. Jess Quinn, La Fosse.