Job title: Head of DevOps
Salary: £120-140k + package
A leading data analytics company is looking for a Head of DevOps. Primarily a data company, we are also a fast-moving fintech with a strong growth record and a world-wide staff base. In addition to actionable data, insights and intelligence, we offer market-leading portfolio management software that enables private capital managers to create value through more efficient portfolio management.
Whilst the vast majority of the market is experiencing a downturn and many companies are concerned with laying their staff off to save costs, the alternative assets industry is booming. We have just budgeted over 200 additional hires to be made globally over the next year, with London remaining as our tech hub.
As VP, Head of DevOps you will ultimately be responsible for driving the adoption of a DevOps culture in our Technology organisation. You will ensure that the processes and tools required to deliver code and infrastructure at pace to meet business demand are maintained and evangelised and you will also be responsible for evolving those capabilities to improve efficiency, capacity, and quality. You will be managing a global team to deliver those capabilities and improvements.
Your primarily responsibilities will be focused on four key areas:
- Full end-to-end automation (from development to production)
- Inspection (logging and monitoring)
Key Requirements for this Role:
- Experience creating tools and automated workflow capabilities
- Demonstrable understanding of DevOps and SRE principles
- Experience with design and implementation of real-time monitoring systems
- Experience managing and securing cloud systems
- Experience building and managing globally-distributed teams
- Commercial, production experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Commercial experience with UNIX systems and scripting
- Clear understanding of networking principles
- Ability to provide hands-on support to engineering teams when needed
- Proficient with at least one of: Python, Ruby, Go, bash or similar
- Experience with Terraform and managing infrastructure-as-code
- Experience designing and building out CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to manage and lead projects
- Strong time-management, prioritisation, and communication skills
- Broad experience building cloud solutions utilising both PaaS and IaaS solutions - ideally in AWS
If you're looking for a highly autonomous role where you'll be able to lead the change and make a real impact, while being able to test and experiment a lot of new technologies, then this is the role for you!