Head of Data | London or Cambridge & Full WFH | 90-110k plus package (incl. bonus)
I'm working with a high growth Fintech company, operating pan-European - from the exciting investment hub of London to the tech hubs of Cambridge and the Netherlands. They focus on payments, which they believe is Fintech's most exciting investment space. They maximise payment acceptance for customers through a combination of best-in-class technology, constant innovation, and in-house expertise. They are independently owned and enjoy the backing of leading Fintech investor Pollen Street Capital.
They are seeking a highly talented and motivated data leader to head the growing Data team. This is a new role at the company, so you are expected to have expertise in architecting, developing, maintaining, and improving data systems to serve business and customer needs, as well as people management. You will be required to plan and execute the data strategy for the company to fit its scale up needs. Your teams will cover our Data, BI and Data Science capabilities, leading and growing teams.
What you'll be doing
- You will be responsible for developing and governing the data and BI strategy to drive business decisions and growth.
- You will develop customer-centric data procedures and policies, and work closely with all departments to collect, prepare, organize, protect, and analyse data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practices
- Improving and streamlining data systems within the company and driving innovation
- Lead a team of Data Analysts, Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Salesforce engineers
- Prioritise the work for the team and communicate the priorities to stakeholders
- Enforce data management frameworks and ways of working across the product development teams
- A strong background in engineering, business and mathematics is advantageous
- Experienced user of cloud-based data - ideally AWS or similar
- Good background in setting up and managing data science workflows
- Excellent general problem-solving abilities
- Excited to be a part of a high impact in a fast-growing Fintech business
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently
- Capable of delivering usable results, yet with attention to detail