We are looking for an experienced Head of Compliance to join an innovative, fintech start up. Someone who not only has deep industry and subject matter knowledge but will be both strategic and operationally focussed.
The Head of Compliance will work closely with the senior executive team providing guidance. You will need to build strong relationships with the business, must be commercially strong and delivery focused. The position ensures the company is complaint with industry regulations.
The relevant candidate must be comfortable in a small, scaling environment; taking ownership of the compliance function and building of teams.
- Lead the firm's approach to compliance, instilling a positive, proactive culture towards regulation and legislation across the company;
- Maintain and develop the firm's relationship with regulators, assisting the firm in maintaining transparent and constructive dialogue, and ensuring that regulatory deliverables are met in a timely fashion;
- Form part of the firm's management team, helping to build a high performing partnership with the rest of the organisation;
- Stay up to date with industry developments and regulations to ensure the firm is fully compliant whilst also helping the firm advise relevant policymakers to influence regulatory developments;
- Maintain the risk management methodology, procedures and policies in line with the strategy and risk appetite of the firm. Also assess the firms risk management effectiveness and submitting proposals for improvement;
- Oversee the maintenance of the firm's compliance policies and procedures, ensuring they are kept up to date with applicable regulation and legislation;
- Oversee the firm's fraud, AML and CFT framework, including drafting and submission of all mandatory and supplementary reports;
- Support a comprehensive internal and external audit and oversight environment;
- Participate in the risk analysis and control of new products, services and jurisdictions;
- Assist with all areas of corporate governance;
- Assist with all local regulatory and legal submissions.
Abilities and Skills Required:
- You have previously worked 5 years working in a senior compliance, fraud, AML related role in a fintech or payments environment. We would consider candidates from other related industries, such as gaming, subject to evidence of relevant experience at a senior level;
- Experience in a start-up/scale-up FinTech and, or Payments business is essential.
- You have a high level of comfort using and deploying industry IT applications that monitor AML and fraud risks;
- You have experience with analysing data/reports/trends;
- You can provide effective challenge whilst building strong, respectful relationships;
- You have built and led compliance teams previously, maintain a hands-on approach
- You are comfortable giving oversight and assurance on the prevention of financial crime.