This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced technology organisation as the business seek to deliver a transformation of their legacy platforms onto a cloud native architecture. As the senior architect, you will drive the vision and roadmap for future-state architecture by working collaboratively with the product, platform and professional services engineering teams.
You will be passionate about what you do, seeing platforms and products built using architectural designs which have been carefully considered and assembled in collaboration with engineers and product teams. You will help share knowledge and ideas through Architecture Guilds, allowing our teams to demonstrate prototypes or to discuss improvements which can be made.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be accountable for the architectural vision and direction of our future-state architecture
- Align platform and product delivery with the future-state architecture by working collaboratively with Commify and strategic scaled-partner engineering teams
- Identify and migrate pockets of excellence from multiple platforms and incorporate them into a unified end-state enabling the teams to retire our legacy platforms and products
- Keep abreast of technological advances in cloud PaaS, helping to steer and prototype with engineering teams on technical choices to solve platform and product goals
- Have an appreciation of cyber-security and how to use cloud best practices to secure our platforms as part of the overall architectural design
- Ensure that NFRs (usability, reliability, availability, adaptability, manageability, maintainability, performance and security), are met to the standards required
- Leading design activities across business functions with multiple stakeholders by discovering and analysing requirements, understanding the context, identifying and assessing alternative solutions and advising on buy vs build and costs
- Contribute towards the tech radar, helping to capture the evolution of technologies used to build platform and products along with architecture design decisions
- Chair regular Architecture Guilds, promoting the great work and ideas across technology which are being considered or prototypes developed for consideration
- Support the Head of IT and the CTO with M&A, helping to run effective technical due-diligences and providing clarity around risks and opportunities