Rate: £300/day Inside IR35
Duration: 3 Months
Location: fully remote
Start Date: ASAP
The Hardware Asset Management Analyst will play a key role in supporting and helping shape the end to end lifecycle of the client's hardware assets globally, using their knowledge to develop suitable processes, policies and standards to support this.
The successful candidate will liaise with hardware, software and managed tool vendors, along with managed service partners to ensure the client's hardware assets are acquired and managed effectively to meet the needs of the business.
* Support the end-to-end lifecycle of the client's hardware assets globally.
* Manage, maintain and communicate the client hardware standard, and provide input and feedback on current and future hardware standards and initiatives as they relate to regional activity.
* Track, record and maintain assets through their lifecycle within the client CMDB (Remedyforce) and SAM Tool (USU SmartTrack) in line with all policy, process and principles.
* Manage, maintain and improve the health of hardware asset data in the CMDB, working with data owners and stakeholders.
* Maintain an up-to-date asset inventory for all IT assets
* Manage the health of the client hardware estate through regular planned activities.
* Identify and help to address gaps in the existing client IT AM policies and processes.
* Provide regular monthly and ad-hoc reporting on the client's global estate of IT assets and the health of the data in the CMDB.
* Use discovery and inventory tools to support investigation and reporting activities (BMC Discovery, AirWatch, JAMF Pro, SCCM).
* Build relationships with third parties to ensure the client obtains the best value for money on quotes, orders and overall supplier performance.
* Input into and support the achievement of Asset Management team KPIs.
* Address asset related requests from internal customers via the client service management tool and email.
* Analyse purchase information to establish an accurate and complete summary of IT asset purchases.
* Collect and manage ITAM-related information from suppliers and software manufacturers
* Experience of IT Asset Management in an enterprise organisation.
* Experience using a CMDB such as RemedyForce or BMC Atrium
* Experience using inventory / discovery tools such as SCCM, JamF, Airwatch, BMC Discovery
* ITIL knowledge
* Experience in integrating asset management controls and processes in day to day IT operations and projects
* Strong Excel skills - Ability to analyse and manipulate data and deliver effective reporting.
* Team player with experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Proven experience of contributing to the success of a range of small- to-midsize initiatives.
* Display good initiative and the ability to suggest and implement improvements.
* Experience of vendor or third party supplier management.
* Financial understanding and commercial awareness.
* Ability to manage multiple deadlines and well organised.
* Customer Service - Demonstrates a Can Do approach to delivering a high quality customer service.