£75000 - £85000 per annum + Benefits
- Cloud Devops
- Cloud Engineer
- IT Director
- IT Manager
- IT Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
3 weeks ago
Role: Global Modern Workplace Manager
Location: Remote/London (1 day a week)
Salary: Up to £85,000 + Benefits
Working as part of the Global IT Infrastructure department the ‘Infrastructure Manager – Modern Workplace’ is responsible for the day-to-day management of all Modern Workplace department, supporting c.100k users across four regions. You should also be able to provide insight on the best solutions and security to meet the growing demands of the organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Global Infrastructure, you will be accountable for championing cloud services and ensuring that they are seamlessly delivered to our business customers. You should be able to plan, analyse, design, test and deploy enterprise-scale Cloud, IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS solutions.
The role will play a key part in the strategic & technical roadmap of our cloud platforms, and will require a balance of leadership, technical administration, and development skills.
This is a global role, supporting the Group and schools throughout the world.
- Primary role focus is the well-established Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 estates, and to be a in house expert, regarding all aspects of the platforms.
- Ensure cloud services and infrastructure are managed, monitored, and secured in accordance with latest controls and standards.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Modern Workplace team, ensuring the successful management of BAU and project work.
- Providing solutions across all IT departments to support projects and future technologies.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM): Implement and configure MDM policies using Microsoft Intune or other EMS tools to manage and secure mobile devices across various platforms.
- Identify and resolve problems with the cloud infrastructure.
- Staying up to date with cloud technologies to ensure that the business is provided with the best service and cloud application solutions.
- Constant review of cloud infrastructure costs and implement improvements to optimize them.
- Monitor and drive efficiency across support ticket queues, helping to ensure that all tickets are correctly prioritised, updated and resolved within SLA.
- Working closely with other ITSM, Applications and Cyber teams to ensure there is a coordinated approach to security, platform management and continuous improvement.
- Providing periodic reporting and management information on operational SLAs, KPIs, improvement initiatives and budgets.
- Implement robust security measures to safeguard client data, devices, and communications within the modern workplace environment, adhering to industry standards and best practices.
- Configure and maintain identity management solutions, such as Entra ID / Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and Conditional Access, to enforce secure user authentication and access policies. Deploy role-based access controls (RBAC) to ensure proper access control and authorisation.
- Ensure all documentation is kept updated and relevant knowledgebases reflect the latest changes.
- Actively participate in critical incidents, coordinating with resolution parties, and establishing effective communication between stakeholders for post-incident reviews
Apply for more information!