As a Senior GCP DevOps Engineer, you'll own the design and support a team or effort. We'll be looking at you to set technical direction and take responsibility for successfully achieving an outcome or deliverable. You may have a team of people to support, leading a development team, or else you could be working across multiple teams, providing some centralised expertise necessary for a larger program of work.
- Defining architectural and software design patterns.
- Designing for scalability, high availability and disaster recovery requirements.
- Secure development and architectural practices, as well as knowledge of non-functional considerations.
- Working alongside others in the team to develop, design, elaborate user stories and deliver estimates during story pointing.
- TDD and/or BDD approaches, considering outcome at design. Knowledge of test automation.
- Developing code and pipelines using CI/CD tools.
- Using tools such as JIRA for tracking progress and traceability.
- Reviewing code with your teammates to provide assurance on a release.
- Resolving root cause analysis and troubleshooting solutions.
- Using fundamental tools and languages E.g. Google Cloud SDK, SQL, Linux, PowerShell, Shell Scripting, HTML and CSS.
- Microservices architecture, including containers and serverless implementation. E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions (GCP).
- Machine learning tools and techniques, e.g. Auto ML, Tensorflow, Natural Language, Vision AI
Google Cloud / GCP
- App Engine
- Cloud Functions
- Kubernetes Engine, Compute Engine, VPCs
- Cloud Spanner, Cloud SQL and BigQuery
- Dataflow, Apache Beam
- DialogFlow, Auto ML, AI Platform
- Microservices patterns
- Event-driven architectures and message queues
- Relational and non-relational databases
Languages and frameworks
- Common frameworks and APIs such as Spring Boot, Guice, Jersey, Node.js, Flask
- Knowledge of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Building tools such as Maven and Gradle
- CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins and Google Cloud Build
- Using a range of technologies and libraries in the Java ecosystem.
Please get in touch with Sonny Allenby @ La Fosse Associates.