eCommerce Front-end Developer
Join a globally loved coffee company present in over 60 countries and counts over 12,000 employees worldwide.
Main Purpose of Job:
The eCommerce Front-end Developer is responsible for delivering front-end solutions in alignment with technical and branding guidelines, consistently enforcing those guidelines and supporting other developers in doing so, and, occasionally, leading the implementation of commercially driven and innovative digital experiences, in line with strategy and brand / market needs, with added focus on front-end personalization.
His/her area of action will additionally extend to:
Evaluating new tools / technologies / techniques, especially in the field of front-end
personalization and advanced html document loading and manipulation, with configurability and performance optimization at heart, and putting them at the service of the HQ teams and the markets in the shape of user-friendly tools.
* Understanding front end content development needs from the business, leveraging web development frameworks and best practices as well as UX & UI intuition to deliver high performing experiences.
* Executing the global campaign & permanent content roadmap while embracing Commercial, Communications & Brand values.
* Leading the delivery of digital solutions by external agencies.
* Supporting the definition of the digital vision, objectives.
* Raising awareness on innovative web technologies in and beyond the Global eCommerce Community (GECO).
* Supporting all Agile ceremonies.
Your responsibilities will be:
CAMPAIGN OPERATIONS & CAMPAIGN PERFORMANCE
* Development of fully responsive & WCAG compliant digital experiences, in adherence with digital, technical, commercial & brand content guidelines, including our design system.
* Influence the campaign design process to ensure both commercial and technical needs are met and executed in a timely manner.
* Provide technical guidance to other members of the team, including mentoring on architectural landscape, procedures, guidelines and best practices.
* Support the delivery of digital solutions by external agencies, ensuring quality and alignment of the delivered solutions with our technical & brand guidelines.
* Support the team assessing relevant technologies to support ecommerce ambitions.
* Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, time-to-market and workload.
* Balance business needs against technical constraints and provide the due visibility to the Team Lead and other relevant stakeholders.
* Ensure templates remain up-to-date & aligned with global content strategy.
* Ensure that all global content is adapted for performance, brand & web accessibility guidelines.
* Support the definition of our technical guidelines and the assessment of new technologies, techniques, ways of working, best practices, etc…
* Coach the Global eCommerce Community (GECO) on the adoption and enforcement of our technical guidelines, best practices, technologies and techniques.
* Co-lead the development and evolution of our front-end personalization rules engine (Casper) and report back to the team, other HQ eCommerce stakeholders and local (market-level) stakeholders on new features, best practices / usage, risks, adoption and opportunities.
* Support experience designers, CRM, communications, legal, and business development on product and solution development.
At least 7 years' experience in eBusiness, eCommerce and / or Digital Agencies.
Strong UX/UI technical background.
Used to mentoring and/or providing guidance to other members of a team.
Used to liaising with external (digital) agencies.
Fluent Mac user (as a software developer).
- Strong HTML5 expertise, including semantic HTML, Web Components, SEO, etc…
loading, events, etc…), ES6, node.js, optimization (bundlers, etc…), frameworks and
tools (Vue.js, Angular, React, etc…), unit testing, etc…
* Solid understanding of TypeScript, previous experience required.
* Solid CSS3 foundations: properties, behaviours, SASS/SCSS, mixins, etc…
Proven track record in delivering commercially oriented digital experiences.
* Customer-service oriented mentality.
* Facts and data driven.
* Well-seasoned Agile practitioner.
* Good, constructive, effective communicator.
* Knowledgeable in web, technology & digital innovation trends.
* Basic Photoshop skills: exporting media, cropping, resizing, optimization, etc…
* Experience in working with and/or for digital agencies.
* Big plus:
o Previous experience with Google Optimize / Google Tag Manager.
o Strong CSS expertise, including CSS Pre-processing (SASS, SCSS, mixins,
o Experience with Cypress.
o Experience with Jenkins.
o Full stack development experience.
o Familiar with Google Analytics as a reporting / analysis tool (no
development / configuration skills needed).
o Previous experience with Adobe Target or similar.
o Familiar with Chromatic and/or Storybook.