Role: Front End Developer
Location: London (once restrictions are lifted)
Duration: 6 months
Rates: up to £475-500/day outside IR35
Start Date: ASAP
Our London based banking client is currently looking for a Front-End Developer to join them on an initial 6-month contract as it undertakes a number of key programmes and projects globally as part of its infrastructure improvements and transformation portfolio. The successful candidate will join a software development team to develop, deliver, and support the client's application systems to meet business requirements using a range of agile techniques and knowledge of software development and software products underpinned with knowledge of IT operations, support, and a regulated finance industry sector.
Responsibilities will include:
- Investigation and resolution of complex technical problems using a variety of techniques.
- Estimate and plan with your scrum team colleagues, lead Business Analyst (BA), lead Quality Assurer (QA), developers, other BA's, QA's and embedded Subject Matter Experts (SME's) using Agile techniques and artefacts.
- Work closely with your Lead Developer, Technical Architects (TA), business analysts (BA), quality assurers (QA) and other developers to build or enhance systems.
- Evaluating test results and fixing technical problems.
- Delivering continuous integration and continuous deployment with and without supplier assistance where appropriate.
- Exposure to or understanding of front-end architectures such as SPA, Micro front ends.
- Understanding of and ability to apply modern development methodologies such as BDD, TDD, XP and pair programming to support our Agile delivery practices.
- Experience of delivering code into, supporting, and extending resilient Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) environments.
- Experience of delivering software in a formal regime using source control management and controlled gates with relevant artefacts to support design, quality, and support.
- Experience delivering test automation or frameworks and incorporating these into CI/CD environments.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like further information, please respond with an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration.