Cyber Security Architect Lead
Public Sector Organisation require a Lead Cyber Security Architect to define and develop their security architecture roadmap and implement related controls and processes. The Lead Security Architect will need to document the state of architecture, define a target state, impact assess key areas of risk and vulnerabilities and make strong recommendations to address them and work with key stakeholders to shape up an execution plan for their resolution.
The successful candidate will be well versed with technology trends, provide team leadership, and take a hands-on approach when necessary.
Main Responsibilities of the Lead Security Architect:
- Manage, oversee and lead a team of high technical security specialists that deliver security services to rest of organisation across, e.g., Application and Cyber teams.
- Document the current state, perform maturity assessment, create a heat-map, perform risks assessment and make recommendation to address highest areas of concerns.
- Define and maintain the Security service and products strategy and roadmap based on inputs from technical debt, internal and external threat trends, business needs and regulatory drivers.
- Drive the uplift in security capability to ensure an appropriate toolset, technologies and processes are in place and utilised to achieve an effective security.
- Drive minimisation of technical debt that exists due to unpatched and out of date hardware and software.
- Embed the use of automated testing tools and processes, standardised frameworks and standards to enhance the agility and effectiveness of security services.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to obtain buy-in for the service and manage the escalations and expectations accordingly.
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience of the Lead Security Architect:
- Ability to define roadmaps and be hands-on approach to implementation.
- In-depth, hands-on working knowledge in application development with experience of application security, cryptography, identity and access management technologies and operational experience in a global organisation.
- Experience in cloud security, i.e. working with Cloud solutions like AWS and Azure
- Strong experience with penetration testing lifecycle (scope, conduct, analysis, client delivery)
- An excellent level of attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership
- Experience of developing a people strategy, influencing stakeholders and decision makers, and executing decisions efficiently and consistently in the modern workplace.
- Strong knowledge of top Vulnerabilities, proactive controls and mitigation methods.
- Ability to articulate complex technical or sensitive issues to a wide audience.
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written and presentation; technical reporting writing across various types of target audiences
- Experience working in a large and complex global organisation
If interested, please do not hesitate to contact Molly.Lamb@lafosse.com if interested!