Role: Enterprise Data Architect
Duration: 12 month FTC
Rates: up to £100k
Start Date: ASAP
Our London based financial services client is currently looking for an Enterprise Data Architect to join them on a 12 month fixed term contract. Financial services experience will be essential for this role and the successful candidate will work within the Data and Analytics team with the immediate focus of addressing a governance review finding to identify key data domains to categorise company wide data in a more structured manner. You will also establish clear ownership across the business for Data and IT assets, enabling the adoption of the Data Governance framework.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify key data domains
- Develop a categorisation scheme for company wide data and establish clear ownership of Data & IT assets
- Develop and maintain enterprise data models across data domains and key systems
- Support delivery of a programme of work that optimally delivers an enterprise Data Governance Framework across which includes, but is not limited to, the Data Strategy and implementation of relevant data artefacts & controls embedded as BAU
- Bring data architecture expertise that not only allows for the delivery of the Data Governance programme but also mentors and advises on the best way to manage data related projects across the enterprise in parallel to this transformation
- Liaise with other teams such as Data & Analytics, IT, Security and Compliance for the delivery of component parts of the Data Governance Framework
- Be part of the governance for major design changes
- Provide SME and thought leadership in baselining enterprise data architecture
- Assist the Senior Enterprise Architects in providing architectural advisory expertise internally, e.g. key change programmes of work, Ops, Assurance etc.
- Support efforts to improve data governance literacy across the enterprise
- Extensive experience in Enterprise Data Architecture
- Data modelling/logical ERD - Relational, 3NF, and Dimensional, Star and Snowflake modelling, normalisation, resolution of M:M relationships, foreign keys, dimensions & fact tables, Kimble
- Knowledge of canonical models, physical data modelling - index design etc.
- Master Data Management key principles, defining an MDM strategy and experience/knowledge of MDM tooling, e.g. Informatica
- Experience in the design of data platforms
- Good understanding of the financial services industry and the retail payments market. Knowledge of UK payment systems (e.g. Bacs, CHAPS, FPS, SWIFT) a plus
- Experience of best practices for ETL or ELT
- Experience of data lineage and data integration projects
- Good experience working with an architecture modelling tool (e.g., Sparx) using ArchiMate
If this role is of interest then please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for more information.