La Fosse associates are recruiting an Enterprise Architect for a 6 month+ contract at a large public sector organisation.
Location: Remote with occasional trip to Leeds (which will include socials)
Need: A strong willed and pragmatic candidate that can stick to tight deadlines and budgets
Experience Required: Complex IT Transformation programs
Work with others to specify technical requirements to support the objectives and to assist with the selection of suppliers (where appropriate) to fulfil the requirements. Input technical expertise into service requirements; Develop, validate and review conceptual, logical and physical architectural designs; Manage the architectural aspects of the target design, policies and standards, working pro-actively to achieve stable, viable designs.
An Enterprise Architect is required to work within the companies Digital's Technology Policy & Architecture function. This will include the digital build, manage, and maintain over 100 services (supported by over 300 unique pieces of technology), the capabilities of which need to be understood, clearly documented and developed.
The role will be varied, with key aspects including helping the organisation to identify and resolve technical debt and supporting directorates with their digital roadmaps to improve conformance with architecture principles.
* Defining, creating and maintaining architecture models that accurately reflect the design and interactions of our products and services * Identifying, managing and planning the remediation of technical and architectural debt across the organisation. Collaborating with technical leads and development teams to ensure remediation plans are robust, can be delivered in a timely manner, and align to the organisations future roadmap.
* Providing input into the creation and review of technology patterns, policies, and standards. Advocate governance that ensures planned delivery conform to policies and aligns with standards and patterns.
* Advising on strategic and tactical decisions and supporting roadmap creation that plans the design and delivery that both addresses business and user need and that sees the reduced accrual of future technical and architectural debt * Maintaining the enterprise architecture repository to ensure it remains accurate and inputting into continuous improvement activities and defining the approach to improved documentation.
* Providing Enterprise Architecture guidance, liaising with stakeholders and communicating technical concepts clearly and accurately.
* Experience conducting architectural assessments and creating roadmaps, including technology debt assessments.
* Experience in creating roadmaps for upgrading, decommissioning, and migrating legacy technologies.
* Knowledge of current and legacy technologies used across multiple categories (e.g. Server, Database, Identity, SaaS), benefits/detractors, their implementation, and risk considerations.
* Experience of eliciting cross-architectural dependencies, understanding implications of proposed changes and clearly articulating options * Working knowledge of architecture modelling standards and notations (e.g. Archimate) and applied experience with architecture tools (Orbus iServer or similar EA tooling).
* Knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks, e.g. TOGAF, SAFe, Zackman and experience of applying such theory to real-world situations * Significant experience of working with stakeholders at all levels of seniority and of varying internal and external roles, with demonstrable ability to translate between business and technical concepts/language
* Experience in large or local Government body projects, big corporate businesses, public and/or healthcare technologies.
* Knowledge of ArchiMate modelling notation.
* Knowledge of development techniques, platforms, environments, and languages.
Please note: La Fosse Associates is a committed equal opportunities employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly today.