- Hybrid Working
- Banking & Markets
£100000 - £105000 per annum + Flexible Package
- Enterprise Architect
3 weeks ago
Salary: £100,000 – £105,000 p/a + Package
Location: Twice a month in London
For someone with a background in defining business and application architectures and roadmaps for complex enterprises, this is an excellent opportunity to join our business.
You’ll be defining the intentional architecture for your assigned scope to ensure that the current architecture being delivered by engineers best supports the enterprise and its long-term strategy. With valuable exposure, you’ll be building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across the bank to ensure commercially focused decisions and to create long term value for the bank.
As an Enterprise Architect, you’ll be defining and communicating the current, resultant and target state architecture for your assigned scope. You’ll be making sure that the architecture links to, and is informed by, our overall strategy and architecture, and produces the architecture outcomes.
They’ll look to you to influence the development of business strategies at an organisational level, identifying transformational opportunities for our businesses and technology areas associated with both new and existing technologies.
As well as this, you’ll be:
- Translating architecture roadmaps into packages of work that allow frequent incremental delivery of value to be included in product backlog.
- Defining, creating, and maintaining architecture models, roadmaps, standards, and outcomes, using architecture strategies to ensure alignment to adjacent and higher-level model.
- Working closely with business owners, portfolio managers, product managers and release managers to define the target intentional architecture.
- Leading complex and technically challenging architectural transformations, coordinating design and platform teams across domains.
- Seeking out and utilising continuous feedback, fostering adaptive design and engineering practices to drive the collaboration of programmes and teams around a common technical vision.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need expert knowledge of application architecture, and at least one business, data, or infrastructure architecture with working knowledge of the remaining disciplines. You’ll have excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts to colleagues, up to senior leadership level, along with a good understanding of Agile methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of developing, syndicating, and communicating architectures, designs, and proposals for action
- An understanding of industry architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF and ArchiMate
- Experience of working with business solution vendors, technology vendors and products within the market
- A background in systems development change life cycles, best practices, and approaches
- Knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
- They are looking for someone with a background in DevOps, software delivery and integration of cloud solutions, to lead a small team of Architects supporting delivery of cutting-edge engineering tools.
- You’ll be defining the Engineering Platforms architecture to ensure that the engineering tools being delivered best support the enterprise and the long-term Digital strategy across all organisation domains, aligned to their principles.
- Define and communicate shared technical and architectural vision/view of end-to-end designs using solution building blocks that may span multiple platforms and domains.
- Lead the collaboration across platform and domain teams on the Solution delivery. Partnering with those teams to elaborate the Solution and its interfaces, validating technology assumptions, evaluating implementation alternatives, aligned to platform roadmaps, building, and leveraging relationships with colleagues across the bank to ensure commercially focused decisions to create long term value for the org.
- Lead the analysis of options and delivery of end-to-end solution designs producing the required High Level Solution Designs and bring through required governance then making sure the implementation delivers both the immediate business outcomes and moves us towards the longer-term enterprise architecture outcomes.
- Supporting Pattern Automation work stack to deliver pre-defined opiniated automated workflows that enable a one-click GitOps deployment into production.
- Produce designs for features, in line with the architecture, that allows frequent incremental delivery of customer value with feature slices sized to deliver value within PI / Sprint increments.