Role: Engineering Operations Manager
Location: London or Reigate with some home working
Salary: Up to £85,000 + Benefits
This role will lead the team of Engineers and Systems Specialists, driving improvements in day to day operations. Moving from a break / fix environment by managing incident and problem processes to significantly drive improvements in the agreed metrics. Ensuring that the skills of the team are maintained and best practice is followed at all times, the Operations Manager will be responsible for day to day leadership, including talent selection, development and growth of the team, performance management, mentoring and engagement. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong people management skills in a previous role, and will be well networked, demonstrating strong interest in keeping their own skills and knowledge up to date.
- Lead a team of system engineers in their day to day activities to deliver end to end service to our customers both internal and external
- Define and implement processes within the IT Operations Team for Incident, Change, and Problem
- Define and drive improvements in relevant KPI's to demonstrate value delivery to the wider business.
- Define Operational NFR's and help create solutions for architecture that supports 24/7 stability
- Develop and define operational acceptance criteria and documentation.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems that provide commercial advantage in a fast moving marketplace
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that's always up and running
- Partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to the system administrators and other colleagues teams to build cloud competencies