Engineering Manager - UK Leading Lending FinTech
Hybrid working £110,000-£120,000 per annum+ benefits, Central London
Our client are a London based FinTech and the UK's leading embedded finance provider. Having launched in the last 5 years they've facilitated the lending of over £200M with an aim to beach £1B by 2025.
Having recently been acquired by a PE firm, our client have an exciting growth trajectory ahead which included doubling the team size. By using innovative leading technology our client enables firms to provide their customers with access to credit products quickly and easily.
Some our clients partners include Revolut, Moneysupermarket, Experian, Asda, Clearscore and many more.
Now our client are seeking a people management focussed Engineering Manager to lead their team. Reporting directly to the CTO, you'll be a key contributor to our clients engineering culture and practices as they scale up. Teams are cross-functional, full-stack, full-cycle, autonomous end to end delivery squads of 5-10 software engineers alongside product management, design, and analytics with a cloud-native, functional, CQRS inspired, microservice architecture built in Kotlin on the backend and React on the frontend.
- Champion sustainable delivery, product-minded engineering, and a test-driven mindset
- Support engineers in their personal development and get the best out of our people and teams
- Lead roadmap delivery and improve our delivery processes
- Partner with product management to ensure they are building the right thing, in the right way, at the right time
- Work in the Technology Leadership Team to build a great high-performance engineering culture within and across product engineering teams
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering principles and experience applying these into practice (from any backend technology stack). For example, lean, agile, theory of constraints, TDD, and reliability engineering.
- Passionate about continuously improving processes, with a deep understanding of effective and reliable delivery
- Product-minded and test-driven. Focus on building high-quality software products.
- Coaching skills. You know that people have the solutions within them and that helping them to realise their potential is the most impactful thing you can do.
- Proactive and self-starting with a strong sense of ownership. An independent systems thinker.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with frequent change. Able to cut through ambiguity.
The client are currently undergoing a huge transformation and will be moving from PHP to Java stack. This is really exciting time to join a business who are going through an incredible amount of growth in a fast paced industry
For more information please send your CV to me on Kamni.Sharma@lafosse.com