Role: Engineering Lead
Location: Sunbury on Thames (flexible working options available)
Salary: up to £90k
Our London based energy client is currently looking for an Information Security Engineering Lead with strong technical expertise in Big Data to help build and operate their service and the underlying products. The teams' mission is to empower its customers to understand and improve the security posture of the company by providing a consolidated and easy to use data platform for reporting and analytics.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the alignment to policies, standards, and best practices.
- Providing technical expertise to internal and external stakeholders.
- Using advanced technical capabilities to lead changes to security processes and procedures, to review complex security issues and lead security solutions.
- Being responsible for delivering information security and risk activities for Information Security Engineering.
- Extensive experience of developing using the Azure and AWS analytics components including Azure / AWS Data Lake, Power BI, Data Factory, HDInsight, SQL DB/DW and SSIS.
- Extensive experience in ETL Tooling in Azure, AWS and Palantir cloud environments
- Experience in DevOps on Azure and AWS cloud environments.
- Fully conversant with Agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts as applied to data driven analytics projects. Including CI/CD Coding, security testing best practice and standards.
- Experience with designing, building, and operating analytics solutions using Azure, AWS, or Palantir cloud technologies.
- Data Management experience e.g. data profiling, large volume data handling
- Experience in automated data driven testing
- Scripting Languages: Python, C#, Java, PowerShell (at least one of them)
- DB Programming: relational dbs (SQL) , nonrelational (NoSQL,MongoDB, Cassandra)
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Experience in toolsets like, Azure Feeds, Nanologs, etc.
Our client promotes a company culture that respects diversity and equal opportunities and are proud of their achievements. They provide and support a healthy work-life balance and as well as chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment with learning and development opportunities to craft your career path and many others benefits.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like further information, please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.