Role: .Net Software Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Rates: up to £650/day (inside IR35)
Start Date: ASAP
Our London based trading client is currently looking for a .Net Software Engineer to join them on an initial 6 month contract . The successful candidate will have proven experience in adhering to software engineering best practices, delivering software products and applications that generate business value. You will have a continuous improvement mindset, driving value-based process and product/application optimization. The role will involve solution consultation and development in accordance to the enterprise technology principles, methods, standards, and practices as well as estimation, solution design, detailed technical design and application technical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation. Experience of working on trading applications will be required.
Skills & Requirements:
- Relevant software development experience, ideally a Full Stack profile (experience in front-end, back-end, cloud automation and orchestration)
- Proficient in .NET and .NET Core (Web, API, Windows, Services)
- Azure Platform Development (Serverless Computing, Azure Functions, Azure Services, Azure Storage, Logic Apps).
- Proficient building multi-threading applications
- Deep experience in Data Development (T-SQL /Oracle Pl/SQL /Azure Cosmos/ Azure SQL/ Mongo etc.)
- Demonstrated application of the best patterns and practices in the software development life cycle.
- Experience working in Agile teams with demonstrated application of the principles.
- Experience of C++, Python, Golang and other programming frameworks and paradigm is desirable.
- Knowledge of other Cloud (AWS Lambda etc), and Integration (MuleSoft, Logic Apps, BizTalk etc) technologies is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of containers and functions is highly desirable. Deployment experience with Kubernetes (K8s) or Functions is a plus.
- Experience developing applications based on microservices architecture is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Commodities Trading and Wholesale Energy Markets is highly desirable and would be a key differentiator between technically equivalent candidates.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like further information, please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.