Director, Engineering Operations, Central London
Our client is one of the UK's most trusted brands, with over 100,000 employees globally, they are a constituent of the FTSE 250.
Seeking a strong technical leader to drive a Cloud First technology strategy through a culture of DevOps, agile ways of working and innovation. This leadership role is key to providing shared technical services and technology platforms across multiple, large software engineering teams providing the core services
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive people management experience (role looks after up to 150)
- Will have come from a software development background and possible started their career as a software engineer/developer
- Used to managing senior stakeholders and cross functional relationship in complex environments at scale
- Strong strategic and architectural understanding
- A lover of scrum and energetic around stakeholder engagement and collaborative work planning
- Experience of working on a B2B2C web and customer facing digital platforms
- Experience of managing complex Software Engineering teams both in house and outsourced across multiple locations
- Experience in the delivery of large-scale bespoke software assets and evidence in delivering software products, with an agile / continuous product delivery bias.
- Managed a large organisation through large scale technology transformation
- Accountable of the full software asset lifecycle, including demand, design, build, test and deploy
- Knowledge of multiple cloud environments (Azure & GCP are advantageous) and related technologies (e.g. containerisation, IaaC)
- Experience delivering solutions across multiple environments from physical infrastructure to cloud
- Strong people leader able to attract and retain talented technology people
- Compelling communicator able to be "the face" of technology transformation
- Experience with CI/CD in a regulated, governed environment
Salary £120,000-£130,000+bonus, benefits.
Shortlisting w/c 16th November, Interviews to start w/c 23rd November.