- 3 months contract – project
- Pay rate: £450-500/day
- Hours per week: 35
- Location: UK – Alleyn House (Southampton) – 2 days in the office
- Interview process: 1 stage with Hiring Manager
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with a passion for CI/CD to join our team for a 3 month contract. Candidates will have in-depth experience with a variety of CI/CD tools and technologies, including GitHub Actions, GitLab CI, Jenkins, and TeamCity. You will join an initiative leading the strategic migration of our source control and CI/CD pipelines to GitHub/GitHub Actions.
- Provide support and direction to our engineering squads, migrating from GitLab and Bitbucket to GitHub.
- Lead the migration of multiple CI/CD pipelines from GitLab CI to GitHub Actions. While focus for this contract role is on the migration away from GitLab CI, you will be required to consider future migration of our teams using Jenkins and Team City also.
- Establish technical best practices and patterns for the use of GitHub Actions and a scalable, target architecture for Runners operating across multiple engineering teams.
- Partner with engineering teams to provide technical direction, design and hands-on build effort.
- Work with engineers to troubleshoot CI/CD issues.
- Automate tasks and processes using scripting languages, such as Python and Bash.
- Improve efficiency and reduce time to market by integrating CI/CD best practices where required.
- Develop patterns for other CI/CD tools such as Nexus and JFrog Artifactory.
- In time this may extend to the migration of our pipelines running Jenkins and TeamCity.
Technical Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps engineering.
- Strong Experience of Git, GitHub, GitHub Actions and Gitlab CI.
- Experience of other CI/CD tools and technologies, such as Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby or Bash.
- Strong understanding of software development principles and Git workflows.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Amazon Web Services.
- Kubernetes experience.
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu.
- Terraform or other IaC tool.
- Exposure to Information security principles and application security testing tools.
More about Cirium
- Cirium is part of RELX PLC, a FTSE 100 global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers with over 30,000 employees, 8,000 of which are technologists.
- We partner with the industries core associations such as the International Airline Trade Association (IATA).
- Our consultancy team have the largest group of ISTAT Certified Appraisers and have been recognized as the Aircraft Appraiser of the Year, an Aviation 100 Award, seven times out of nine years.
- Cirium is a part of LexisNexis Risk Solutions (LNRS) division of RELX. LexisNexis provides business information, data and analytics solutions to many of the worlds biggest industries. Likewise, RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.