Development Manager, central London
Financial media organisation based in central London are hiring a Development Manager (reporting to the Head of Technology) to guide the direction of the development teams, to own and manage the development environments, embracing and adding value through excellent engineering processes and Agile approaches.
In this role you will be expected to manage the development teams across Web, Data & CRM platforms, leveraging the technology, environments and processes that have been developed and facilitate the path towards continuous delivery and automated test coverage.
You will work with a focused technology team that consists of Head of Technology, Project Management, Business Analysis and Business Applications Support teams. And in addition,
liaise with the Product and Business teams to agree on priorities and release schedules to ensure feature / project deadlines are realistic, well-planned, resourced and communicated, with the appropriate levels of risk and issues recognised and accounted for.
- Managing ways of working, development standards and processes to optimise quality and velocity
- Own the technical backlog and be responsible for minimizing technical debt and maintenance costs over time
- Technical owner for software architecture and supporting documentation
- Responsibility for platform stability and change management
- Manage the technical roadmap
- Mentoring a team of developers (25-30), supporting and guiding their progress as well as keeping a central view of the whole team's projects
- Influence the delivery method based on the complexity, risk and value of development initiatives
- Onboarding and offboarding of development team members
- Min 5+ years' experience of business facing software development in commercial environment
- combined experience in technical hands-on design, implementation and support of small to medium Cloud and IT infrastructure environments
- experience in web and database aspects of Cloud - AWS preferred
- experience in Docker, Container platforms
- hands on experience in DevOps CI/CD tools - GitLab preferred
- Demonstrable experience in leading teams of developers
- Experience creating, testing and utilising APIs
- Experience writing Unit and Functional tests
- Microservices architecture - PaaS, SaaS Cloud environments
- Software life cycle - Agile, Scrum, Lean, DevOps, Continuous Integration, as well as traditional software engineering methods
- Experience with at least one of the following languages
- JS, T-SQL, PHP, Python, React or Terraform
- Working with Operations teams and third party suppliers
Salary £80-90k + benefits, flex holidays, Bupa medical.
Interview process - 2 stages with the Head of Technology and final with the CTO.
Central London based office but happy for working for home 2/3 days per week.