La Fosse Associates are current partnered with a client who are looking to hire 3-4 Desktop Engineers into their team, on a permanent basis. This role will be based out of their office located near Oxford Street in London and be paying £50,000 to £70,000 depending on experience.
Due to the nature of the work, there is an expectation for this role to be mainly office based five days a week, with potential for the odd day here and there from home if required.
Member of the Desktop Support team in London which is primarily responsible for maintenance and support of the firm's global desktop and VDI environment. Also provides telephone and user-facing support to the trade floor, VIPs and other Global offices.
- Administration of VMWare Horizon VDI environment
- Active Directory administration
- Microsoft Exchange administration
- Software deployment and troubleshooting
- Windows 10 / MAC OS
- Office 2010 /Office 2016
- Bloomberg and Market Data Support
- TCP/IP (DNS, DHCP etc)
Technical Skills / Knowledge required:
- Used to working to best practice methodologies such as ITIL
- VMWare vSphere Suite Administration
- Active directory administration including GPO
- Exchange 2016 user administration
- Microsoft Office Suite, Strong Excel knowledge
- Market data applications; Bloomberg (Essential), Eikon
- Good understanding of control and delivery principles - Projects, Change Management
- PowerShell scripting
- Understanding of build and client distribution architectures (SCCM)