The role of Deputy Director of Advanced Analytics is to establish a new function which will lead on exploratory analysis with data within the department and to lead and manage a joint work-program across the business.
As Deputy Director of Advanced Analytics you will:
Lead a team of 10-15 or so data scientists, economists/econometricians, statisticians and analysts, who are focused on:
- Bringing advanced techniques across a range of disciplines to bear on pressing policy questions relating to concentrations of risk and the drivers of transmission
- Working closely with international, national, regional and sectoral teams to strengthen the analytic base underpinning assessment work
- Establishing and maintaining, together with public health experts and behavioural scientists in the department, a long-term research program to enhance the ability to answer upcoming policy questions
- Building a transparent library of code documenting analysis undertaken to provide an audit trail for it, allowing others (including in other organisations) to replicate and build on the work, and to allow for the routine outputs to be created from it on the build side of the department.
- A very significant part of the role will comprise collaborating with key external stakeholders to establish a coherent overall work program on Covid risks and to lead on specific projects. This element will be as important as providing leadership within the department.
- Contributing to the ongoing design and build of the department as it develops to Full Operating Capability
- The Deputy Director Data will be a member of the data community and will be required to work closely with colleagues to ensure maximum collaboration and that learning can be shared across the department and wider public health and emergency response communities.
You'll be/ have:
- Experienced manager and leader of a large technical team, demonstrating all competencies expected
- Experienced in working with complex data and information feeds within a relevant field (such as statistics, data science, biosecurity, health, or national security)
- Experience leading a data analytics function
- Experience managing relationships with senior external stakeholders and establishing effective collaborations that make the whole more than the sum of the parts
- Experienced working closely with Ministers, and number ten on high profile and fast paced issues
It would also be good if you had:
- Developed vetting and current strap clearances to enable you to handle sensitive intelligence should it arise
This role will be fully remote and Inside IR35.
Please apply for more information!