We're currently partnered with a British software & technology company, who provide mission critical systems and data-led solutions primarily within the transport sector.
Deploying a range of digital solutions that are actively helping to optimise the running of the railway and drive real improvements in performance and reliability. You'll work with some of the UK's largest transport organisations as a key contributor to enhancing their data functions.
Within our client's team, you'll provide a range of data driven solutions that enable better decision making for both the business and their customers.
If you're looking to have a great impact in data and analytics within the transportation industry - this is the opportunity for you!
What You'll Do:
- To develop robust data-driven solutions that can be integrated with our products to deliver a real impact for our customers.
- To demonstrate to key stakeholders that our solutions deliver value and are worth investment.
- To understand how we can use a wide variety of data sources and modelling techniques to positively influence the key decisions that our customers take.
- To work across the business to identify best opportunities to add value from the data we have.
- To ensure success as a team, through collaboration, mentoring and a flexible 'can-do' attitude.
If You Enjoy:
- Track record of driving the development of solutions to novel and challenging modelling problems, and personally able to make progress.
- Enjoys not just solving a modelling problem, but of defining which problem it is most valuable to solve.
- Can work effectively as part of a close-knit team, sharing and discussing findings to ensure we reach the best outcomes.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to translate insights from complex analysis into clear and concise business recommendations.
What You'll Need:
- A depth of knowledge of machine learning techniques and how to successfully apply them.
- A strong background in statistics and statistical analysis.
- Experience in writing version-controlled software (the team's main language being Python).
- Can make efficient use of the tools and frameworks of data science to produce robust results at pace (the team make heavy use of Jupyter, pandas, sklearn, matplotlib and Sagemaker).
- An appreciation of AWS storage, compute, machine learning and database services.
This opportunity is open to both Junior Data Scientists and Mid Level Data Scientists.
Interested? Great, apply now!