La Fosse Associates are currently partnering with a leading international home-improvement retail company with over 1,300 stores, supported by a team of over 79,000 colleagues.
The company is looking to bring on a talented Data Scientist to help develop and deploy core ML/AI algorithms required to tackle key data science challenges within the business in line with its ambitious growth plans.
Reporting into the Lead Data Scientist, the successful candidate will:
- Develop high-quality machine learning models to solve business challenges.
- Develop production quality code and support data science projects from start to production.
- Understand and be able to apply most standard methodologies and principles.
- Carry out basic automated builds and deployments.
- Write comprehensive, well written documentation that meets our needs.
- Identify work and dependencies and supervise progress through a set of tasks.
- Proactively share ideas with colleagues and accept suggestions.
- Engage in dialogue with partners to meet their request.
- Work within and provide support to the rest of data science team.
- Work on multiple data science projects and run results.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, data modelling and software architecture.
- Solid understanding of classical Machine Learning algorithms (e.g. Logistic Regression, Random Forest, XGBoost, etc.) as well as state-of-the-art research area (e.g. NLP, Transfer Learning etc.) and Deep Learning algorithms (e.g. BERT, LSTM, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of SQL and Python's ecosystem for data analysis (Jupyter, Pandas, Scikit Learn, Matplotlib, etc.).
- Understanding of model evaluation, data pre-processing techniques, such as standardisation, normalisation, and handling missing data.
- Solid understanding of summary, robust, and nonparametric statistics; hypothesis testing, probability distributions, sampling techniques, and stochastic processes.
- Solid communications and soft skills to manage stakeholders demands.