Role: Data Scientist
Location: London (remote working at present)
Duration: 6 months
Salary: up to £600/day negotiable (inside IR35)
Start Date: ASAP
Our London based energy sector client is currently looking for a Data Scientist join them on an initial contract till the end of the year with extension opportunities available beyond there. This position will be fully remote with a hybrid working model adopted once offices reopen in the coming months. The role will form part of a team who build best in class fundamental market analysis across all geographies and time horizons to underpin key decision making within the organisation. The team aims to improve the data available for trading analytics to support this decision making as well as collaborating more with other portfolios to gain more value from existing data, and to continue to improve the fundamentals model accuracy.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of deploying models to the cloud, Python coding skills including testing Python scripts, code management experience as well as CI and CD pipelines.
- Python e.g. Packages: Numpy, SciPy, Sickt-Learn or Keras or Tensorflow
- Power Trading/Commodities Experience highly desirable
- Statistical background e.g. Masters or PhD in STEM Subjects, (Financial Engineering preferable)
- Experience in working with low granularity time series data
- Experience in working with Data Engineers to get the most out of ETL processes
- Experience with Azure, or other cloud platforms
If this role is of interest, please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.