Senior Data Scientist | London or Cambridge & WFH | 65-75k plus package (incl. bonus)
I'm working with a high growth Fintech company, operating pan-European - from the exciting investment hub of London to the tech hubs of Cambridge and the Netherlands. They maximise payment acceptance for customers through a combination of best-in-class technology, constant innovation, and in-house expertise. They are independently owned and enjoy the backing of leading Fintech investor Pollen Street Capital.
They seeking a highly talented and motivated Senior Data Scientist to join the Data Analytics function. You should have expertise in developing, maintaining and improving code and data science workflows for existing and new models. You will be required to work directly with the business and technology teams to gather requirements and deal with problems that require data science to support the analysis and resolution.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be expected to develop, maintain and improve code and data science workflows for existing and new models
- You will be expected to own the automated test and deployment pipelines for data science services
- Provide thought leadership around how to enable the data science team to efficiently scale delivery of machine learning powered production grade services
- Shall work with Data Engineer to successfully (end to end) deploy python on AWS cloud instance
- Must have strong SQL skills to be able to query, perform data management tasks and integrate structured datasets from different sources
- Working directly with stakeholders in being responsible for the lifecycle of a given model and its output in various tables (Redshift)
- You will be solving business problems in a growing and ever-changing technology environment using a modern technology stack
- Conducting code reviews, optimize performance bottlenecks, collaborative working and constructive feedback are important aspects of this role
- Research, prototype and implement new analytical big data technologies
* Must be expert level in Python, SQL
* Knowledge of Applied statistics and Machine Learning applications
* Experienced user of cloud-based data pipelines - ideally AWS
* Good background in setting up and managing data science workflows
* Excellent general problem-solving abilities
* Excited to be a part of a high impact in a fast-growing Fintech business.
* Able to work in a dedicated team of data experts (data engineers, business intelligence analysts)
* Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently
* Capable of delivering usable results, yet with attention to detail