Data Scientist | Oxford or Dundee & WFH | 60-80k plus package (incl. bonus)
I'm currently working with a fast-growth scale-up who at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies. As a company, they are committed to getting medicines to patients in the fastest and most effective manner, by applying the latest research in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and modern high-performance computational methods. They are a leading market innovator in one of the most important industries right now.
We are seeking Data Scientists to help accelerate our application of AI and Machine Learning to live Drug Discovery projects. Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, this position is integral to support and build the Company's Data Science capability as it executes the next phase of its life cycle. Data Scientists with knowledge of Drug Discovery, would be helpful, to work closely with drug designers and engineers to help provide the predictive capabilities that underpin our drug design platform.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Apply your machine learning skills and creativity with diverse data to a range of applied drug discovery challenges
- Use your analytical and data science skills to monitor, maintain and improve our large-scale machine learning platform.
- Work closely with drug designers to understand and address project challenges.
- Work closely with engineering and MLOps teams to continuously improve our ability to deliver models and algorithms to project teams.
- Work with colleagues to wrangle heterogeneous raw data and devise pipelines that generate clean data suitable for downstream ML and analytics.
Key Requirements for this Role:
- Proficiency in using Python or R to wrangle complex, large-scale chemistry/ pharmacology data sets.
- Experience in developing Machine Learning or Deep Learning models, methods or algorithms.
- PhD or equivalent experience in cheminformatics, machine learning, bioinformatics, computational chemistry or related quantitative data science field.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multi-discipline squad and present insights and analysis to stakeholders.
- A passion for data science and the use of data to make good decisions.technical audiences
Nice to have:
- Domain knowledge in medicinal chemistry as applied to contemporary drug discovery.
- Knowledge of modern drug discovery technologies and enthusiasm to apply algorithm-derived compound designs
- An opportunity to make a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI driven discovery.
- The ability to strongly influence a scaling AI organisation with world class technical and scientific leaders.
- An opportunity to grow your career with us as we grow our organisation.
- A highly competitive compensation package to support our employees as we continue to grow and thrive