Data Migration Engineer - £300-£320 per day - 6 Months initial- Outside IR35- On site 4-5 days per week
General responsibilities: -
- Collate current file shares information, manage basic data cleanse
- Build new dedicated h/w to be used for migration of data, create new storage area, utilisation of a sync tool,
- Reassign permissions based group membership, create and manage NH AD groups, manage the entire data migration process user by user whilst handling inter-dependencies between departments for data access.
- Revoke previous access.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
- Support the project team during the integration project
- Ability to organise and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities
- Proactively driving continuous improvement within project processes
Skills/experience required: -
- Demonstrable previous migration of data to SharePoint, OneDrive and Microsoft Windows file shares from various legacy systems
- Ability to produce quality documentation e.g. low-level designs, work instructions, support documents
- Subject-matter expert in Windows based file store migrations to OneDrive, file share migration between domains, NTFS file permissions and AD security groups
- Working knowledge of Beyond compare and Robocopy desirable.
- Advanced working knowledge of Networking technologies relevant to Microsoft 365
- Advanced working knowledge of relevant information security standards
- A good sense of discipline for governance controls and procedures.