Data Ingestion Designer / Developer - Azure - 12 month contract - Remote/London
I am currently recruiting for an Azure Designer to work on a 12 month contract based in London/remote.
Job Purpose & Description
The Data Ingestion Designer and Developer is responsible for the design and development activities of ingesting data from Workday (API, and or Mulesoft) into Azure ADLS using ADF.
The Data Ingestion Designer and Developer should have experience with Azure Data Products such as ADF and ADLS, and is experience in working with SOAP API-s and Experience API-s. You will also need to be familiar with the Central Ingestion Framework and is responsible to ensure that data flows smoothly from source to destination so that it can be processed.
- Work together with the Solution Architect and Data Architect to design and develop the data ingestion solution to ingest data from Workday (and potentially other sources) into the Enterprise Data Platform (Azure Data Lake).
- Responsible for the creation of the technical design for the data ingestion scope - working together with the Business Analyst and IT Advisors to translate the functional requirements into technical requirements
- Responsible for the detailed design of the Ingestion Solution (Experience API to ADLS using ADF)
- Responsible for the development and build of the Data Ingestion to the Enterprise Data Platform (Azure Data Lake); depending of the scope, might have a small team working with him/her.
- Familiar with the Central Ingestion Framework
- Expert with Restful API developments +JSON.
- Expert in SOAP and Experience API
- Experience with Microsoft Azure ADF, ADLS, Parquet
- Experience with Mulesoft
- Interpretation of data, highly analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with designing ingestion solutions.
- Experience with API techniques/developments.
- Experience with data transformation/blending technology (e.g. ADF and Databricks is preferred).
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply within and I will look forward to discussing it further!