The client is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects, their purpose is to deliver affordable and sustainable solar power for businesses and communities around the world. #
As the Data Governance Manager, you will establish, own and embed formal, companywide data governance processes, policies and standards. You will be responsible for the data and analytics governance framework to control, protect, and enhance the value of data and information assets throughout their lifecycles. By partnering with business leadership and data stakeholders, you will define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company's strategic information assets. Confident in challenging the status-quo to drive business insights and continuous improvement, you will be data and results oriented, have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to inspire and influence decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally to design and roll out a company-wide data and analytics governance framework
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company's strategic information assets.
- Serve as a liaison between business and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for managing and protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood.
- Lead and facilitate the development of a data quality framework; define governance KPIs to identify maturity of data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and overall adoption.
- Develop a structured approach for data democratisation through cultural change, improved data literacy, empowerment, agility and accessibility.
- Produce and maintain data governance documentation to clearly identify data and analytics lineage, inventory of information maps, including authoritative systems and owners
- Establish and lead data and analytics governance forums, managing data governance requests, assembling and facilitating cross-functional working groups to achieve governed data definitions and processes, hosting the forum and driving progress towards alignment and implementation
- Establish policy and standards across the data management life cycle including data access, data integrity, data quality, data retention, and other areas.
- Develop guiding principles for data and analytics policies and standards to effectively manage risk and cost while improving business outcomes; apply principles to identify priorities and establish roadmap for iterative delivery and implementation.
- Implement robust processes to ensure compliance with data protection and other data privacy obligations.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with data management lifecycle best practices, standards, and policies, including frameworks such as DAMA-DMBOK or DCAM.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within complex, mission-driven institutions, data management, and/or technology.
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing governance for an enterprise data program, service, or application.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, and integrate strategic thinking with tactical implementation
- Good understanding of data architecture, ethics, governance, security, and metadata management; Proficiency with cloud services, ideally Azure
- Ability to adapt to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
- Familiarity with BI tools such as PowerBI and Tableau
- Extensive experience and understanding of GDPR, DPIAs and other data privacy and compliance assessments