Date Governance Lead - £50,000 to £75,000
Manchester Based - Flexible working possible
A great opportunity for a Data Governance Lead to join and grow a brand-new function. High career growth and development opportunities, with a flexible package to suit your lifestyle.
Accountable and responsible for the Data Governance of the IT Data Operations teams ensuring that data quality and assurance is at the forefront of your role, providing the organisation with Data Governance subject knowledge expertise. Responsible for the day to day delivery and long term strategy data governance ensuring strategic change, and BAU change data quality and governance is delivered on time and cost, engaging with Development, Architecture, Data Change, IT Ops, business teams, and senior stake holders.
- Have a strong leadership and technical leadership background in a fast pace environment ideally in an insurance setting
- A good understanding of cloud platforms and services; Microsoft Azure DevOps, ITIL, Azure Synapse, Databricks, PowerBI, Data Factory, HD Insights, Python Sparks
- Have a strong IT service background and ability to profile data
- Lead delivery of data quality standards within a large, complex organisation following Agile methodologies
- Oversight and reporting of risks caused as a result of ineffective management of data throughout the SDLC lifecycle
- To liaise closely with business governance functions within FCG to ensure alignment of information governance, such as legal, risk, regulatory and HR
- Responsible to define the technical functional requirements of Data Governance for all FCG platforms of Data Governance
- Management of the data catalogue to ensure the business and technical data definitions, data lineage and associated meta-data have been appropriately captured and documented in accordance with the respective standards