We are currently partnered with a global leader in the renewable and solar energy production. Massively expanding team and very exciting projects!
As the Data Governance Analyst, you will be responsible for improving the availability, quality and trust worthiness of data. You will serve as a binding agent between data producers, data engineers and data consumers across the organisation. You will devise innovative approaches to implement data governance and data quality at-scale using modern master data management (MDM) technologies. Partnering with business and IT stakeholders to implement data standards, guaranteeing metadata is captured correctly, and creating methods for monitoring, reporting and automatically resolving data inconsistencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Partner with key business stakeholders to establish master and reference data definitions, and co-develop business cases to justify new MDM initiatives
- Develop, test, and deploy MDM models for key domains (such as Employees, Assets, Sites, Financial Accounts, Locations etc.)
- Educate business and operations teams on data stewardship and MDM best practices by providing analytical dashboards, and continuous process improvement recommendations
- Define key performance indicators for quality and compliance metrics to ensure data related policies and standards are adhered to, and provide a data governance scorecard
- Establish data ownership guidelines, set up and manage user rights and policies
- Manage a flexible, extensible, and open data model to hold the master data and all required attributes (both structured and unstructured) based on the business-driven view of attributes, validation rules, security, and associated complex master data relationships
- Facilitate secure and accurate data stewarding and reporting across the business
- Define role-based views and dashboards for business and power users to manage master data efficiently and effectively
- Work with other IT stakeholders to coordinate and manage MDM application changes including resolving issues and planning for enhancements and upgrades
- Provide excellent customer focused support by troubleshooting and resolving master data issues
- Define master data sourcing and services strategies including the evaluation of third-party data providers and services
- Help develop policies, procedures and standards for data modelling, quality, security, architecture, change management and devops.
- Implement robust processes to ensure compliance with data protection and privacy obligations.
- Develop and maintain MDM standard operating procedures, work instructions, training guides and data catalogues.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Full life-cycle MDM experience
- Good understanding of data architecture, ethics, governance, security, and metadata management
- Proficiency with an MDM tool, such as Semarchy XDM
- Experience in developing data dictionaries and catalogs (Alation, Collibra, Informatica)
- SQL skills
- Familiarity with BI tools such as PowerBI and Tableau
- Extensive experience and understanding of GDPR, DPIAs and other data privacy and compliance assessments
- Experience handling sensitive data
- Good people and communication skills (consulting background desirable)