Data Engineering Lead - £50,000 to £75,000
Manchester based - Flexible working possible
An exciting opportunity for a Data Engineering Lead to join and grow a new function. Fantastic training and development opportunities and a flexible package to suit your lifestyle.
As a member of the Data Operations function, you'll support the data warehouse requirements of the organisation. The role that the Data Operations Engineering Lead plays is highly collaborative and, as such, works closely with data analysts, data scientists and other data consumers within the business in an attempt to gather and populate data warehouse table structure, which is optimised for reporting. You'll be responsible for the day to day delivery and long-term strategy of the teams, ensuring strategic change and BAU change is delivered on time and cost, engaging with Development, Architecture, Data Change, IT Ops, business teams and senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of database design and modelling in the context of data warehousing
- Strong understanding of data system architectures including storage, compute (including analytics and machine learning)
- Deep experience/understanding for CD/CI process
- Extensively familiar with ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load), data warehousing and business intelligence tools
- Strong experience in SQL including SQL server integration services or any similar ETL tools
- Significant experience in Business Intelligence experience with proven data warehousing, data management and analytics skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree is desirable, or relevant experience
- Deep experience/understanding of all elements of data engineering (extract/transform/load)
- Strong stakeholder management skills