Role: Data Engineer - SQL expert
Location: London (remote working until restrictions lifted, flexible working options available beyond then)
Duration: till 31/12/2021
Rates: up to £700 (inside IR35)
Start Date: ASAP
Our London based energy sector client is currently looking for a Data Engineer who is an expert in SQL development to join them an initial contract until the end of the year. The successful candidate will support data and analytics IT experts in database design, data flow and data analysis activities and will play a key role in the development and deployment of innovative big data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing.
You will define and build the data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business and will have strong experience in developing enterprise data management strategies including operational data stores, data warehouse implementations, data movement, data services, data acquisition, data conversion, and archive/recovery.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Solution and Data Architect to design the next generation big data platform to support a digital marketing platform.
- Design and implement a new big data solution which supports high volumes and velocity of data,
- Design and implement modern data pipelines to extract, clean and process data in batch and real-time from different data sources.
- Use the latest development, testing and deployment techniques to quickly deploy new releases
- Help establish best practices around data governance, data security- and privacy (GDPR).
- Work together with the solution- and data architect to the define the target data strategy.
- Drive and apply the Agile Framework
If this role sounds of interest and you would like further information, please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.