La Fosse are partnered with a very exciting Investment Bank who have the aspiration of enhancing decision making by improving their Enterprise Data Platform.
- Working with technology, you will create easy to understand and efficient data products that business users can access and report developers can leverage for management reporting.
- Working closely with business users and technology teams you will help the delivery and integration of data requirements for a number of in-house software solutions.
- Working with Data Technology team to build our Data Lake and the Enterprise Data platform.
- You will develop and maintain efficient ETL automated data pipelines that are able to handle large volumes of data.
- Maintain and enforce a good standard of coding and adhere to the development conventions of the team.
- You will work with data owners to resolve data quality issues.
- You will contribute to peer code reviews and the preparation of releases.
- You will be able to monitor, optimise and troubleshoot performance of database systems managed within the technology department.
- You will contribute to investigations into new innovations and technologies that would benefit the firm and construct proof of concepts and synopsis to allow business stakeholders to decide on the viability of such ideas.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and how new technologies can be leveraged to meet business objectives.
- You will have an understanding of the regulatory environment, and values and abilities consistent with the FCA conduct rules.
- The ability to troubleshoot issues
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Pro-active and self-motivated with a sense of ownership
- Confident and resolute when dealing with competing goals and constraints
- Strong experience of MS SQL (2019) in a Data Engineer/SQL Developer/DBA role
- Strong experience with cloud data technologies Azure, AWS or Snowflake
- Knowledge of SSIS Catalog and SSAS or similar
- A solid understanding of ETL, Database design, Data Warehousing, Development and Administration
- Good experience of parsing data formats such as XML/JSON and using 3rd party APIs
- Experience working with Data Scientists
- Knowledge of .NET framework, Python or similar is a plus
- Experience of continuous integration and build / deploy pipeline
- Experience with Source Control (Git)
- Experience working with a business intelligence toolset e.g. Power BI
- Familiarity with other types of storage and retrieval (column stores, REST APIs, etc.)
- Some experience of storage technologies such as Oracle or KDB desirable