- Administration and maintenance of the Azure BI suite including SQL Azure, DevOps, Pipelines, Dataflow and security
- Development, maintenance, monitoring and continuous improvement of in-house Data Warehouse, including feeds from various data sources.
- Development of BI Reporting including PowerBI and SSRS
- Propose solution designs and architecture.
- Design/develop proof of concepts to validate/evaluate solution designs.
- Design, develop and execute unit tests through to full database accuracy
- Assist in testing new reports and enhancements to ensure they are ready for user acceptance testing.
- Learn and evaluate new technologies, frameworks and languages.
- Actively identify issues in applications and environments, and act quickly and concisely to remedy issues.
- Actively identify opportunities to optimising and refactor solutions.
- Document code so others can understand and contribute to it.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external customers and external partners.
- Promote and maintain high professional standards whilst delivering IT to the business
- Adhere to TGSL development methodology
Qualifiactions & Experience:
- Degree in Computer Sciences or similar (Preferable)
Knowledge and experience
- Experience building and maintaining PowerBI and the rest of the Microsoft BI Stack
- Experience using, maintaining and administering Microsoft SQL environments
- Knowledge and experience of Data Warehouses and OLAP cubes
- Proficient knowledge of SQL programming (DDL, DML, DCL)
- Knowledge of high-level languages (such as C#, VB.Net, Python, DAX, R).