The company requires a highly capable and experienced individual who will be responsible for contributing to the success of their data platform, by developing solutions that support and service their clients and stakeholders.
They are looking for a skilled, passionate, disciplined, and enthusiastic Data Developer to join their high performing team. Reporting to the Head of Data, the Data Developer is a key contributor, having the opportunity to work across the whole stack - from database to UI, including automating infrastructure and testing.
You will be part of an agile development team and be someone that is comfortable with analysis, architecting/designing, implementing, and testing database, back-end and front-end services.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, possess strong process and organization skills, a quick learner, a good multi-tasker, multiple hat wearer, and have a strong work ethic.
- Provide technical expertise for database design, implementation, and analysis.
- Have responsibility for designing, developing and (re)building back-end and front-end services.
- Create database models and designs using appropriate software tools, whilst developing technical requirements including scope, limitations and interfaces of data objects.
- Create data sets to be used in data modelling, mining and report production.
- Positive can-do attitude, be open and welcoming to change, be a self-starter and be self-motivated.
- Be a strong advocate for the effective and efficient use of the data sources within the business.
- Automate deployment, scaling, and management of database systems; enhancing where possible.
- Analyse database requirements for the user/functional requirements and maintain database and data dictionaries.
- Implement strategies directed at acquiring data and promoting the development of new insights across the company.
- Perform health monitoring, performance, availability and data integrity of data systems to identify data issues that could impact business operations.
- Work with the Security Teams to adhere to appropriate security architectures for Databases
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Demonstrated experience in design, including knowledge of high performance, scalable, and resilient cloud solutions (Microsoft Azure).
- Experience with a mix of database management, backend services, front-end, and DevOps
- Significant knowledge of Datawarehouse and Data Lake Strategies, dimensional modeling, and best practices.
- Strong understanding of Data Modelling & Data Security Models
- Ability to design data test scenarios and de-bug problems, with exposure to queries performance troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Big data Architecture and design including ETL/ELT, Databases (SQL & NoSQL) and Bid-Data Storage options (Lake, HDFS etc).
- Understanding of Asynchronous Processing through Messaging and Event Driven Architecture.