La Fosse are partnered with an incredibly exciting innovative Fintech that are offering a huge opportunity to be part of a cloud-based platform that wraps around a bank's legacy payment systems. The platform powers merchant and consumer digital experiences including onboarding, portals and loyalty programs, without costly and distracting platform migrations. This allows merchants to more effectively manage their businesses with digital tools and data integrations, grow their businesses by connecting with their consumers, and give back to their local communities.
About the role
As a Data Business Analyst you will be responsible for capturing and documenting requirements for our data solution, working with our data architect, data scientists, and data engineers to create high level designs, and ensuring solutions are in line with expectations. This will include ingesting data from third parties, and making the data available to reporting and data science applications.
This involves liaising with internal customers (product, data science, reporting, BA's) to understand the data requirements, the high-level feasibility of delivering them (this is not an order taking role), ensuring that the flexibility exists to adapt to agile delivery, and that the final solutions are fit for purpose. The primary data will come from banks, consumers and merchants, although other structured and unstructured data sources will be utilised too. The role sits within the Data team and reports directly to the Head of Data.
- Liaise with business user to understand requirements
- Assessing the high-level feasibility of delivery
- Creating user stories
- High level design of data solutions
- Data modelling at the conceptual and logical level
- Understanding the strengths, weaknesses, and potential of the data we possess
- Ensuring solutions are highly scalable and fulfil non-functional requirements
- Cataloguing of reporting data delivered to our customer portal
- Ensuring SIT and UAT test questions can be resolved
- Ensuring data is in a form easily utilised for internal reporting via PowerBI
- Ensuring data is in a form easily utilised by our external reporting portal
- Providing Level 3 support for production issues
- Providing input to data strategy
- Act as subject matter expert and liaison with other areas within the company on data integration topics
What we are looking for
- Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science or other Quantitative fields
- 5+ years professional working experience in similar roles, at least 2 years of which must be working with Big Data (> 1bn transactions).
- 2+ years solid experience with all the following: SQL, logical data modelling
- 2+ years solid experience of working in Agile teams, such as Scrum or Kanban
- Good understanding of machine learning, visualisation, and reporting
- Preferably experience of Azure, Kubernetes, Power BI, Cosmos DB
- Preferably experience in the retail, telecommunications or payment space
Who we are looking for
- A passion for creating value from data
- Highly logical thinker who can quickly understand the potential for data solutions utilising architectural principles
- Self starter and completer-finisher attitude to manage work
- Very strong verbal and written English communication skills
- High energy and drive that suits a start-up environment
- Comfortable working outside of rigid structures and frameworks
- Effective working in ambiguous environments
What we stand for
- We believe we are better together when we listen, engage and support each other, we want you to bring your expertise and experience to work every day.
- We are passionate about what we are doing and want you to share this with us, enjoy your time with us, stay calm under pressure and bring positive energy to the team.
- We are all on a journey together, we want your ambition and flexible mind set to embrace the twists and turns as we grow as a business.
As part of our journey , you'll be working with experts across payments, technology, customer experience, and financial services, supported by a world-class network of partners. Join us to be a key part of a team that's changing the future of payments, with the freedom to make your mark. Together, we'll push the boundaries of what's possible with payment enabled merchant services for SMEs around the world.
This Job Description covers the main areas of your responsibilities - it is not an exhaustive list.
We can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.