Purpose of the job:
Working within the Portfolio Underwriting team to focus on the build and enhancement of data driven products that support the provision of value-adding analytics and insight in respect of pricing, risk selection and portfolio management of insurance products.
Portfolio Underwriting Data tooling
- To support Portfolio Underwriting in using our data infrastructure as efficiently as possible
- To develop and maintain the core Portfolio Underwriting data sets underlying the suite of analytical tools used by the Portfolio Underwriting team
- To investigate and lead resolution of emerging issues with underlying Portfolio Underwriting data systems and models as and when these arise
- To ensure all Portfolio Underwriting data systems and models are documented in line with company wide standards
- To investigate opportunities to extract data from non-standard sources (e.g. external, unstructured) as required in order to enhance pricing and portfolio management decisions for the business
- To integrate new data sources into our data library including structuring and validation.
- To support development of data visualisation initiatives including design, build and maintenance ensuring they meet business requirements and user needs.
- Identify opportunities to use data science/engineering techniques to extract value from internal/external data assets in order to enrich analytical capabilities
- Recommend ways to improve data efficiency and reliability
- Increase the degree of automation within the Portfolio Underwriting team's data systems and tools
- To investigate new tools that would help the Portfolio Underwriting team store, structure and analyse data.
Education, Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for candidates with:
- Experience using languages such as Python and SQL to analyse datasets
- Experience building dashboards in a modern BI tool such as Power BI, Looker, Tableau
- Understanding of statistical techniques (such as regression, clustering, correlation analysis)
- Experience working in cloud native environments (especially GCP) would be plus
- The ability to design, implement and use data structures to ensure data is organised effectively and easily consumable by a broader audience
- Self-organised, good at documenting and communicating findings and approach
- Excellent communicator, able to present findings to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience of working in the London and Lloyd's insurance markets is desirable but not compulsory