- Ensuring the regular delivery of key reports and data to the business at all times.
- Build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables the identification and resolution of critical issues via data analysis.
- Maintaining and governing reporting schedules and support these during UK office hours as well as at the weekend.
- Providing reporting that is accurate, consistent and reliable and ensure the information is easily available to users.
- Educate and train users to use the BI Application environment and the data held within it to foster a self-sufficient and self-service environment.
- Supporting the user base with their own reports and providing technical assistance to users including updating the microsite and any other associated literature.
- Working closely with users to help turn data into information and knowledge that can be used to make business decisions.
- Understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how that knowledge supports and enables key business processes.
- Having an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source and the definition in order to explain complex processes / data.
- Working with users to determine priorities and understand and report on key performance indicators (KPI).
- Experience of applying BI Tools in order to give internal and external customers access to easy-to-understand meaningful commercial insights.
- Broad understanding of emerging technologies within the BI space (desirable).
- Understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI)
- Previous experience in developing and maintaining BI application solutions
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)