Business Intelligence Analyst - We offer a great opportunity to transform the insurance industry from the inside out!
The client La Fosse are partnered with is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, with the culture of an ambitious small business, yet delivering high-quality enterprise-grade industry-firsts into the global wholesale insurance market.
Built with a blend of insurance industry specialists and technology champions from various industries, our company focuses on Digital Products and Data Solutions including automation, business-to-business / direct-to-consumer sales, analytics and driving business value from data insight.
We're looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to help drive forward some of our most challenging and exciting data projects.
Summary of the role
Joining the Business Intelligence team as the Business Intelligence Analyst you will be responsible for providing a range of analysis and insights to the (re)insurance industry. Your work will be integral to help grow the Analytics' client base through innovative data and technology. You will play a pivotal part in producing client work, presentations for key stakeholders and you will participate in key decision making to support the new growing team. To be successful, you will need to be able to articulate sophisticated ideas and bridge the gap between the commercial insurance and the technology world.
- Capture requirements from senior stakeholders across internal teams and have a large finance focus
- Build customer dashboards and reports in PowerBI, utilising DAX and Power Query
- Work with SQL to query data sets and optimise ETL solutions in SSIS and Azure Data Factory
- Deliver financial reports and discover new opportunities for insights
- Conduct tests to ensure consistency with defined goals
- Maintain or update tools and databases
- Understand and communicate business requirements
- Develop data strategies
- Analyse, interpret and visualise data to deliver insights and solutions to the commercial world of insurance
- Explore competitive market strategies through analysis of a related product, market, or share trends
- Present findings to all levels of management
- Experience with Data Visualisation - PowerBI is preferable
- Experience in building presentations and analysing data in Microsoft Office
- Strong SQL Skills and Python
- Financial reporting experience is beneficial
- Experience with automating BAU tasks
- Stakeholder management skills
- Experience working in an (re)insurance company
- Finely-tuned data skills (data querying, data manipulation, data verification and visualisation)
- Awareness of data quality, data integrity checking and reconciliation
- Understanding of the technical industry (e.g. web development - Angular JS, data engineer - SQL, DAX , data mining, natural language processing machine learning - Pycharm, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn etc.) to bring insight to day-to-day operations
- Superb attention to detail as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organised self-starter, with drive and dedication; able to finish work with little supervision
Based in the vibrant area of the city of London. Our office is just a short walk away from Liverpool Street Station.
What we offer
- Competitive salary & generous pensions
- Individual private medical cover via Bupa
- 26 weeks full pay maternity leave / 4 weeks full pay paternity leave
- Agile working arrangements
- A wide variety of wellbeing offers: Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work (up to £5k), Digital GP services, Mental Wellbeing Support Apps
Why Should You Apply?
If you want…
- a career that you define
- an access to on-the-job learning and upscale courses (e.g. Chartered Insurance Institute Course and Certification)
- to join the Group that considers their people as its chief competitive advantage
- to be a part of the place where everyone has a voice, where volunteering in the community is part of the day job, and where everyone is encouraged to play a part towards our sustainability goals.
- to make a difference - not just in the workplace, but in the industry and in the wider community.
- if you are passionate about constantly evolving working environment and challenges.