Data (Information) Analyst | London with WFH | 40-45k
I'm currently working with a charitable housing association and one of the UK's most successful independent social businesses. They house around 250,000 people in more than 92,000 homes, across the UK and primarily in London and the South East. They set out to provide quality, affordable homes for the most vulnerable in society and it is that same fundamental mission that drives them today.
They are recognised as a great workplace, ranked in the national "Great Place to Work" survey. They are developing the organisation and all of their people to bring to life their overall ambition - that everyone has a quality home they can afford.
Work with business teams to identify performance monitoring and decisioning requirements and shape and prioritise the user stories for the analytical services for agile delivery. Produce high quality user stories for the analytical outputs and work with the wider team to review the conceptual, logical data dimensional design for the data lake / data warehouse to deliver these user stories. Undertaking analysis that will generate recommendations for business improvement and help embed a data driven culture for decision making in the organisation.
1. Create and maintain the user stories working with stakeholders in the business
2. Metrics and KPIs in the KPI dictionary working with the business teams and the wider BI & Data analytics team
3. Capture requirements and produce business design documents for the delivery of the BI and Analytical services for the technology team to progress the creation of the Power BI datasets in the data lake
4. Undertake analysis and communicate findings for the business questions raised to enable the business to take action through well written reports
5. Specify the standard reports / dashboards through visualisation that tells the performance story to monitor performance and related artefacts to enable the business to self-serve
7. Train and support business users to self serve and run their information huddles
8. Work closely with data modellers and data quality analysts to ensure information provided to business is trusted
Business Intelligence experience with MS Power BI with DAX including querying data from MS SQL Server relational and dimensional databases and developing SQL queries / scripts will be very useful.