La Fosse Associates are engaged with a Brokerage firm in the recruitment of a Data Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious business who are looking to grow their data capabilities. Operating within a fast paced agile environment, you will help shape the reporting/ analytic function of the business:
- The data analyst will provide analytic support in the establishment of data requirements in support of new reporting requirements.
- The data analyst will conduct data analyse through Excel by using tools such as V-Lookup and VBA.
- The data analyst will assist business teams to discover and understand their data assets to provide a holistic view including lineage, relationship views, and data profiling stats.
- The data analyst will prepare, interpret and investigate anomalies in data sets and/or processes.
- The data analyst willl manage ad-hoc client (internal and external) queries.
- The data analyst will support with the integration of PowerBI as the main reporting tool within the business.
- The data analyst will need to be innovative and come up with solutions using your skill sets that will further add value to the business (and allow for personal development).
- The data analyst must have Detailed data analysis and processing skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel are required. Coding languages such as SQL and Python are desirable.
- Solid experience of reporting and data visualisation tools such as PowerBI or Tableau is required.
- Experience of management information and reporting within highly regulated environments would be desirable, particularly Financial Services.
- Ability to tackle problems in a logical way, with good organisational skills, a keen eye for detail and high standards of accuracy and quality within their work
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical matters to non-technical audience using clear language