* Develop and review technical architecture and design and recommend Azure best practices across multiple platforms.
* Implementation and delivery of Microsoft Azure projects.
* Provide effective knowledge transfer and upskilling to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency.
* Assessment of on-premises infrastructure landscape, application rationalization and recommend strategy, roadmap and structured plan for migration to Azure.
* Assist in service transition to internal and/or Managed Services teams.
* Be hands on when required with cloud enablement projects, understand what good looks like and see the bigger picture, taking architecture, security, service and delivery into consideration
* Effectively present public and hybrid cloud-based architectural design concepts and solutions to all levels in the organization.
* Identify alternatives, pros, and cons, and make recommendations.
* Anticipate when the architectural change will be needed and prepare the organization for a successful transition.
* Build public and hybrid cloud-based optimized reference applications, elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns.
* Participate in the design of service automation and orchestration in cloud towards Infrastructure-as-code.
* Obtain and process requirements in order to transform application delivery for cloud in an agile fashion
* Active driver for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery applications
* Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
* Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining projects during the transition to production.
* Active involvement and advocacy of the firm's evolution towards DevSecOps and Agile Transformation
Essential skills and experience:
* Direct experience of enterprise level high availability solution shaping and Microsoft Azure Cloud architecture development including excellent documentation skills.
* Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
* Microsoft Azure Platform As A Service ( PaaS ) products such as Azure SQL, AppServices, Logic Apps, Functions and other Serverless services
* Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such including Azure AD and AD B2C
* Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools, including Azure Monitor, App Insights and Log Analytics
* Knowledge of PowerShell, Git, Bicep, ARM templates and deployment automation. Recent hands-on experience with DevOps toolset
* Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise level Highly Available solutions.
* Experience of setting up, deploying and managing multiple environments to support agile development approaches.
* Possession of either the Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions and Architecting Microsoft Azure certifications.
* Understanding of coding best practices and modern architectural patterns, including micro services and message-driven architectures Design cloud security architectures and perform architecture design reviews
* Building, Supporting and Maintaining Azure Environments
* Root cause analysis and improvement solutions
* Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to simply and clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
* Able to work in teams remotely in a global context
* Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/procedures.
* Excellent prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to work across a number of major projects simultaneously.
* Uses initiative - 'can do' approach.