La Fosse Associates are working with a large public sector organisation alongside a number of partner organisations and suppliers, have successfully been supporting the technology and data solutions for a number of England's screening programmes including cancer and other screening types. Screening services -
A number of those services are being rebuilt using modern cloud based architecture with the ultimate aim to provide a modern screening platform fit for the future.
Fundamental to the success of the programme is a strong architecture function, playing a significant role in the delivery of the technical services which underpin the programme.
We are wanting to expand our technical and architecture capacity in this space by recruiting talented and committed senior architects who want to be involved in a fast paced and challenging environment, delivering a nationally critical service.
This a real opportunity to be part of something special that you can be genuinely proud knowing you are improving the health of every citizen in the country.
The responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following key areas:
* Leading setting the direction & delivering designs for the technical architecture of key capabilities to support the implementation of the programme, including (but not limited to) the following elements:-.
o Data flows and data processing pipelines
o API design e.g. to support 3rd party integration
o Understanding/defining non functional needs, particularly around volume of performance
o Supporting operational architecture, monitoring and support services
o Delivery of national citizen facing capabilities
o Data migration strategy and solutions
o Technical specification & assurance of 3rd party solutions
* Demonstrating strong technical and people leadership:-
o Ability to make decisions quickly using clear structure and rationale
o Leading other architects, setting objectives
o Strong communication within and outside the architecture team
o Being visible and recognised as a technical authority
* Identifying and proposing opportunities for system improvement, resolving technical debt, providing a roadmap for improvements and working with product management team to schedule and deliver to the roadmap
* Providing architecture oversight & direction to several delivery & product teams, ensuring alignment with NHS Digital principles and the direction set for the implementation of the service
* Managing architecture design and change in dependent systems, paying particular attention to the non-functional requirements such as security, performance, scalability, availability, cost and operations, as well as ensuring that architecture documentation is accurate and up to date.
This senior architect role requires significant engagement with multiple stakeholder groups such as the service team, product teams, the development partners, external suppliers, as well as a multitude of internal NHS Digital teams such as Technical Architecture, Solution Assurance and Platforms & Infrastructure.
The ability to work as part of large team, communicate clearly, document designs & decisions in a clear and structured manner is essential.
Given the nature of the programme individuals will be expected to be flexible in their approach, dealing with multiple issues and shifting priorities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Applications & Infrastructure-focussed senior technical architect with demonstrable experience of working successfully with varied development teams in a fast-paced agile cloud-based environment.
* Experience of acting as a senior architect, demonstrating clear technical and people leadership including managing a team of architects and other tech resources
* Significant Experience of
o One or more of AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platforms
o Delivering solutions in complex distributed operational environments with solutions made up of multi capabilities spanning organisation and supplier boundaries
o Assurance of complex designs (application, data & infrastructure)
o Experience of delivering APIs and complex integration patterns, including good awareness of security concerns.
o Experience of working in large scale digital delivery organisations.
* The ability to work within and across a complex organisation and team structure.
* Evidence of identifying and documenting functional and non-functional requirements for a project
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Knowledge of core NHS healthcare technologies, suppliers and tech standards
* Knowledge of the NHS