Job title: Cloud Services Lead
Location: Central London (with flexible remote working)
A world's leading data, insights and consulting company is looking for a Cloud Services Lead. This role will be accountable for the delivery of a coherent service, operation and roadmap for the associated technologies. The main responsibilities include:
- Service Management: introduce processes to manage all aspects of the service, including financial, capacity, performance and configuration management of the services
- Support & Operations: ensure an appropriate response to incidents and to drive root cause analysis and resolution through a problem management process
- Engineering: define the forward-looking roadmap, standards, designs and product management of the underlying technologies to ensure new technology deployment is fit for purpose
- Culture: develop and install a supportive and agile culture utilising DevOps techniques and responding dynamically to changing business needs.
The main technologies include:
- Azure (experience with AWS will also be beneficial, but not strictly required)
- Azure DevOps
We are investing significantly in technology to drive our growth and this role is integral to that. Leading a global team of cloud engineers that delivers the underpinning technology which hosts our business applications and services, this critical role will have end to end accountability for the full service lifecycle of our products including:
- Detailed business requirements
- Low level design
- Solution engineering
- Vendor engagement for industry direction & roadmap
- Unit cost ownership and demonstrating business value
- Industry leading security
- Technical ownership of the service throughout its lifecycle
- Continual service improvement and management of changes to service
- Ensure all technical and operational documentation is produced and maintained
- Identify, log and manage risks associated with the service
All this will require an individual with cross functional expertise, strong business and people management, as well as diverse and deep technical leadership skills. The successful candidate will have experience in a similar sized role, operating critical IT systems at a large global organisation.
If you're looking for a highly autonomous role where you'll be able to lead the change and make a real impact, while being able to test and experiment a lot of new technologies, then this is the role for you!
For a confidential discussion, please apply now.