Role: Cloud Infrastructure Manager
Salary: Up to £90,000 + Benefits
Reporting to the IT Director of Service Delivery and Operations, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running, security and monitoring of our Azure platforms and management of the Cloud Infrastructure function across an internal and Outsourced team of technical resource. The Cloud Infrastructure Manager needs to have excellent people and communication skills with proven leadership qualities along and solid technical expertise. You will be promoting best practice, learning and development and introducing a culture of sharing and collaboration.
You will have the opportunity to build and mature the Managed Services practice specializing in Cloud Operations using ITIL framework. You will have ambitious plans to improve stability, provide scalability and guarantee resilience of systems running on the Azure platform, whilst providing all staff with exceptional service support. You will also be responsible for the core network environment consisting of Cisco switches, Cisco/Fortigate firewalls.
- Ensure all agreed SLAs are met for incidents and service requests
- Daily operation of business systems, diagnosing/ fixing and finding solutions
- Work to improve service provision and alignment to business needs.
- Collaborate with business partners in Data protection and Security to maintain and enhance these variables.
- Ensure any interruptions to services are resolved quickly,
- Escalation point of contact for complex 3rd line incidents
- Define policies and procedures aligned to business needs
- Review and recommend new procedures to further IT maturity.
- Mentoring and development of team
- Monitor and report on system and service performance
- Manage Cloud Infrastructures, Private, DC, Azure
- Manage Networks, Local LAN, MPLS, WAN, redundancy, resilience, measurement.
- Be responsible for the growing collaboration estate, including Teams, 365, Telephony, SharePoint.
- Manage the budgeting and running of the infrastructure department,
- Direct line management of members of the Infrastructure team, 3rd party managed services including Application and Cloud.
- Work on a range of projects including infrastructure redesign / deployment and continual licensing migrations
- Lead on monitoring, configuring and optimising use of Microsoft Azure including capacity management.
- Broad range of fundamental infrastructure experience is essential (Windows Server, Networking, Firewalls).
- Have very good knowledge of ITIL processes,
- At least 3 years' experience working in a similar leadership role either managing development teams or 3rd line application support teams
- Experience of scripting (e.g. powershell) highly desirable.