Position - Cloud Engineer
Location - Cambridge
Salary - £70,000 Per Annum + Benefits
This role will provide technical leadership and hands-on work in the design, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of a broad range of services. We are looking for exceptional individuals with hands-on experience as an engineer in the Cloud and CI/CD space that want to take their career to the next stage.
We are looking for people with at least three years' experience who can help deliver a world class service. The focus of the role will be designing and engineering IaC capabilities for the delivery of PaaS and IaaS services in AWS. This is very much a hands-on role, so experience of engineering and development is needed.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Significant experience with AWS including the design of VPCs, networks, IAM roles and policies, API gateways, ECS, etc
* Advanced knowledge in Linux system administration - Most of our systems run on Linux
* Experienced with Infrastructure as Code tools with AWS, such as CloudFormation
* Experienced with CI/CD pipelines such as Azure DevOps
* Experienced with system scripting using Bash, Python, etc
* Understanding and experience of managing networking concepts, protocols and security (ie. TCP/IP, Load-balancers, proxies, HTTP, TLS, etc)
* Knowledge of configuration management systems, such as: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, or similar.
* Exposure and understanding of containerisation platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, etc is a benefit
* Exposure and understanding of logging and monitoring platforms such as Splunk and NewRelic is a benefit
* Knowledge of Git usage, tools and associated methodologies
* Excellent knowledge of DevOps methods/principles
* Ensure effective levels of security is designed and implemented into all core IT technologies
* Comply with current operating processes like change control and release management
* Ensure problems with the current platforms are identified and mitigation to maximise the availability and performance of our customer platforms
This role is based in Cambridge but is near to fully remote and comes with a generous salary of £70,000 + Additional Benefits.
For a confidential discussion - apply now.