Cloud Architect - Up to £110,000 - Hybrid working (1-2 days in London office) - Perm role
We are looking for a Cloud Architect who will be responsible for ensuring solutions are designed and developed in line with strategy and adhering to design principles and policies.
To maintain an up to date understanding of cyber security and ensure solutions are sufficiently protected against threats.
The successful candidate will support teams in adopting cloud technology by supplying reference code, supporting material and ongoing advice.
- Consulting/reviewing designs for solutions and advising on options/alternatives/new strategies, patterns and practices and security
- Provide technical consultation and advice to the information security team and other technical teams on cloud architecture, security and identity
- Providing reference code/infrastructure/tooling and demonstrations of technology, providing tangible examples for infrastructure and application architecture using cloud based services
- Keeping up to date with the latest technology advancements and keeping others informed, showing where new technology can provide business benefit
- Running chalk & talks, presentations, demos, prototypes, show & tells and other types of sessions where you are demonstrating technology and how to use it
- Being a DevSecOps advocate, encouraging iterative design, with full automation for maximum scalability and speed of change
- Outside initiatives, maintain roadmaps and recommend changes to upgrade existing capabilities w.r.t non-functional requirements, such as security, scalability and maintainability.
- Design processes and systems for managing keys/secrets/certificates
- Technical SME/technical stakeholder for key cloud infrastructure, API Management Identity Access Management platforms
- Contribute to and advise on vulnerability testing and security assessments
- Respond immediately to security-related incidents/events and provide a thorough post-event analysis
- Mentor and supports colleagues, attend or organise communities of practice centred around technologies or systems
- Present and review designs to the Technical Design Authority
- Review requests for the Software and Services Approval Board, Due Diligence and Change Advisory Board.
- In depth understanding of Cloud infrastructure, SaaS, IaaS and PaaS, and Azure in particular
- In depth knowledge Cloud Architecture and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of a variety of storage technologies, noSQL/document databases/RDBMS, such as Azure SQL Server, MongoDB, Couchbase or similar
- Commercial awareness and an ability to see the business benefits of new technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, ARM templates, Azure DevOps, Key Vault, Let's Encrypt, Application Gateway, Firewalls, Cloud Networking, VPN/ExpressRoute
- Commercial experience of architecture in an agile framework